Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
HOW TO - Run Dell Hardware Diagnostics
Authored by Caleb Scharf October 24th, 2022 463 views 0 likes KB1590083
If you suspect your computer may have an issue with failing hardware (CPU, RAM, etc), you can run their pre-boot diagnostics utility which tests your hardware without using the operating system. Other manufacturers have similar utilities, but the specific instructions vary.
Source - How to Run a Preboot Diagnostic Test on a Dell Computer
- Turn Off your computer.
- Plug in your laptop power adapter if applicable.
- Turn On your computer.
- Immediately after pressing the power button, press the F12 key repeatedly until the One Time Boot Menu appears.
- Select Diagnostics > press Enter.
- The diagnostic test begins.
- Screen shot the test results or error codes and send them to your IT Support team.
- If no errors are detected on the quick test, run thorough test if instructed.
- Click the checkbox in the lower left. This could take hours depending on your hardware configuration.
- Screen shot the test results and send them to your IT Support team.
If there are any issues, error codes are displayed. Make a note of the error code, validation code, and service tag, and then look up the error code.
- Reference Table of ePSA, PSA Error Codes, and Troubleshooting Steps (2000-0NNN Series)
- Reference Table of ePSA, PSA Error Codes, and Troubleshooting Steps (2000-4NNN Series)
- Reference Table of ePSA, PSA Error Codes, and Troubleshooting Steps (2000-8NNN Series)