HOW TO - Test if Ansys is blocked by the Windows Firewall on a Client Computer
Authored by Caleb Scharf July 6th, 2022 3244 views 2 likes KB994568
Step #1 - Rule Out the Firewall as the Cause
- Windows Search > search for and open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows defender firewall on or off.
- In all sections, select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)
- Attempt to reproduce the error.
- If you can still reproduce the error, the Windows Firewall is not the cause.
- If you cannot reproduce the error, the Windows Firewall is the cause. Proceed to Step#1 to identify what application is being blocked and allow it.
- Re-enable the Windows Firewall
Step #2 - Identify & Allow the Blocked Ansys Application
- Windows Search > search for and open Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
- On the left, select Inbound Rules
- Click the Program column to sort by the program path
- Check the list of rules for any blocked executables starting with the following paths:
- C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc
- C:\Program Files\AnsysEM
- Examples of Ansys executables that are being blocked:
- Right Click on the rule > Properties > select Allow the Connection > select OK