Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
HOW TO - Create an Environment Variable
Authored by Nick Heberle October 2nd, 2022 1177 views 0 likes KB1335336
Some Ansys settings are configured via Environment Variables, a component in the Windows operating system. Environment variables are typically written as VARIABLE_NAME=VARIABLE_VALUE.
- Windows Search > search for and open Edit the System Environment Variables.
- In the System Properties dialog that opens, click on Environment Variables.
- Under System Variables, click New.
- Enter the name and value in the fields
- Click OK on dialogs to save changes and close the windows.