HOW TO - Reset Your Ansys Profile Folder
Authored by Caleb Scharf September 14th, 2021 279 views 0 likes 955726
If a user is unable to checkout an appropriate license, a license is being listed as unavailable, if the user is experiencing graphical related issues with the interface, or for other application problems, a common resolution is to reset the Ansys Profile folder. This resets multiple application settings back to their default state. This can also or repair any corrupt files in this folder that may be causing an issue.
These steps are to be performed on the computer where the client software is installed.
Structures & Fluids Software
- Close all Ansys applications
- Rename the folder %appdata%\ANSYS\vXXX to vXXX.old
- If using SpaceClaim > Rename the folder %appdata%\SpaceClaim to SpaceClaim.old
- If using CFX > Rename the folder %userprofile%\.cfx to .cfx.old
- Relaunch the Ansys application and see if the problem persists.
- Close all Ansys software
- Rename the following folder and add ".old" to the end of the name "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Ansoft\ElectronicsDesktop[Version]\config