Install an Ansys License File
Authored by Caleb Scharf September 11th, 2021 469 views 1 likes 955653
You must install your Ansys license file on your License Server before clients can check out a license. The license file is initially delivered via email as a .txt file to the primary account contact, called the Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC). By default, the file name is in a format that will look similar to this: “license-ansys_hybrid_07162019_055853_993_PM.txt”
- Always install the latest version of the license managerto ensure proper compatibility.
- The latest version is always backward compatible with all previous license files and client versions.
- These steps must be performed from the computer that the license manager is installed on and with an account that has Administrator access.
- Windows Search > search for ANSYS License Management Center > right click ANSYS License Management Center and select Run as Administrator.
- Select Add a License File > Select Browse> locate and select your license file.
- Select Restart if prompted. Once complete, the results will show on screen.
- Note - Clients will be unable to reach the license server for a few moments while the license managerservices restart. This takes ~15-30 seconds.
- Click View Status/Start/Stop License Manager to double check the license serverwas started successfully
- Click View FlexNet Licenses to view the complete license file and verify it was installed.
- If you have an additional license file, simply repeat this process. The license file that was installed first will be appended/merged automatically and will now include both licenses.
- Click View FlexNet Licenses to view the complete license file and verify the files were installed/merged successfully.
- Please keep your original license file(s) handy should you ever need to reinstall your license file(s).