Install an Ansys License File
Authored by Caleb Scharf December 12th, 2021 2988 views 1 likes KB955653
You must install your Ansys license file on your License Server before clients can check out a license. The license file is initially delivered via email as a .txt file to the primary account contact, called the Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC). By default, the file name is in a format that will look similar to this: “license-ansys_hybrid_07162019_055853_993_PM.txt”
- These steps must be performed from the computer that the license manager is installed on.
- If you haven't already, first Install or Update the Ansys License Manager Software on your license server computer.
- Windows Search > search for ANSYS License Management Center > right click ANSYS License Management Center and select Run as Administrator.
- Select Add a License File > Select Browse > locate and select your license file > Select OK.
- Select Restart if prompted. Once complete, the results will show on screen.
- Note - Clients will be unable to reach the license server for a few moments while the license manager services restart. This takes ~15-30 seconds. See the warning message here for more details about restarting in a multi-user environment.
- While selecting reread, without restarting, can work, we have also seen this cause future checkout related issues and recommend restarting whenever possible.
- Click View Status/Start/Stop License Manager to double check the license serverwas started successfully
- Click View FlexNet Licenses to view the complete license file and verify it was installed.
- If you have an additional license file, simply repeat this process. The license file that was installed first will be appended/merged automatically and will now include both licenses.
- Click View FlexNet Licenses to view the complete license file and verify the files were installed/merged successfully.
- Please keep your original license file(s) handy should you ever need to reset/re-install your license file(s).