INFO - Ansys License Manager Overview & Requirements
Authored by Caleb Scharf September 16th, 2021 629 views 0 likes 969778
The Ansys networkmanager/server is a stand alone application that hosts your license file and checks in and out licenses to one or many users over a network. It is a required application to run your Ansys software. It can be installed on the client machine for single user deployments but is most often installed on a dedicated machine in multi-user environment. A client must be able to connect to and stay connected to the in order to open and use the software. The is managed via the License Management Center webpage where you can install your license, stop/start the server, view usage statistics, collect server diagnostic logs and more.
Overall, the license manager uses minimal system resources for smaller deployments. It's only after you get over 100 concurrent users that you need to think about adding additional memory. While you can technically scale down to 2GB of ram on a Windows license server for small user base deployments, we do not recommend doing so as Windows generally doesn't run well with this much memory and we've found that this negatively impacts system reliability/performance when performing common tasks such as installing the license manager software or performing windows updates. 2Gb of ram on Linux systems should run just fine.
- 64 bit Windows OS (physical or virtual)
- 2 CPU Cores
- 4GB of Ram for up to 100 concurrent users (Scale to 8GB for up to 400 concurrent users)
- 1 GBps Ethernet Card and 1GBps Switch
- Dedicated machine for multi-user deployments
- Same machine as Ansys client software for single user deployments
- Installing the license manager on a server with other services/license products installed is possible, just keep in mind that the default Ansys ports used are 1055 and 2325 and must not conflict with other services.
Supported Operating Systems (last updated for Version 2021 R1):
Official Ansys Requirements Document:
- Latest document version: Ansys Customer Portal > Downloads > Installation Licensing Help and Tutorials > expand the Licensing section > select the pdf called Ansys Inc License Manger Hardware and Network Requirements