Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
HOW TO - Add Elastic Licensing in Client Licensing Settings
Authored by Aaron Schedlin September 1st, 2023 891 views 5 likes KB1849325
This article will assist in adding elastic licensing.
- You will need to export the Server ID and PIN from licensing.ansys.com If you do not have access to the Ansys Licensing Portal you will need to coordinate with those in your organization who do.
- On the client PC > Windows Search > search for ANSYS Client License Settings > right click ANSYS Client License Settings and select . (Not running as Administrator may result in only the current user being configured for elastic licensing or an error saving.)
Note: License Settings for Electronics is located in C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\vxxx\Win64\licensingclient\winx64. Vxxx is the version you are attempting to use.
- In the left-hand panel click on Elastic Licensing > check Enable Elastic Licensing > then click Import ID and PIN.
- Browse to the exported JSON file and select Open.
- Click Save in the bottom right corner.