Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
ERROR - No Valid Inventor Installation Detected
Authored by Nick Heberle September 27th, 2021 3041 views 1 likes KB1050467
In CAD Configuration Manager, the Autodesk Inventor Workbench Associative Interface fails to configure successfully, failing with the error:
<<Inventor PlugIn>> No valid Inventor installation detected
Due to a mismatch with two registry keys, CAD Configuration Manager is unable to properly identify the version of Autodesk Inventor installed.
Identify the Appropriate Registry Version
- In Windows Search, enter "Registry Editor"
- Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key, and then expand the following subkeys: SOFTWARE > Autodesk > Inventor
- Under the Inventor subkey, locate the subkey named RegistryVersionXX.X. Note the version (XX.X) listed.
Verify the Current Version Key Matches
- Under the Inventor subkey, select the Current Version subkey
- In the right-hand pane, locate RegistryVersion entry, and note value listed for the entry
- If the value of the RegistryVersion key does not match RegistryVersionXX.X from the previous section, you will need to modify the Registry Version key.
- Right click on RegistryVersion and choose Modify. In the value data field, modify the existing entry to match RegistryVersionXX.X previously identified, and click OK.
- Close Registry Editor, and CAD Configuration Manager should now be able to successfully configure the Autodesk Inventor Workbench Associative Interface