Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
ERROR - Hostid in the license file is not a valid hostid
Authored by Caleb Scharf October 14th, 2021 12854 views 6 likes KB1051429
When installing a new license file you receive the following error. Experienced on License Manager Version 2021 R2.
2021/09/18 17:07:45: Did not upload file - Error: The hostid in the license file is not a valid hostid for this license server machine.
- Your attempting to install a license file that was issued to a different computer.
The HostID of your computer has changed.
- In rare occasions, if your using a cloud VM as your license server and your license was issued to a mac address ID type, your mac address may have changed after a computer restart - if this is the case, please have your IT department assign a static mac address to your computer before having the license re-issued/changed.
- You attempted to modify the HostID in your license file manually. This will not work.
- Open your license text file(s) in notepad and make note of your HostID or HostID's if you have multiple license files.
- In the LMC webpage, click Get System HostID Information
- Does the HostID(s) in your license file match one of the HostID's listed here?
NO- Your license file was issued to a different computer.
- You will need to install the license on the computer it was issued to.
- or Perform a License Server Change
- Follow HOW TO - Reset Your Ansys License File
- If you attempted to modify your HostID, this will not work and you must and you must Perform a License Server Change
- NO- Your license file was issued to a different computer.