Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
ERROR - Hostid in the license file is not a valid hostid
Authored by Caleb Scharf September 9th, 2023 17240 views 13 likes KB1051429
When installing a new license key/file, you receive the following error.
2021/09/18 17:07:45: Did not upload file - Error: The hostid in the license file is not a valid hostid for this license server machine.
Software & Version
License Manager Version 2021 R2
*This documented instance of this error occurred in this version but is not necessarily limited to this version.
- You're attempting to install a license file that was issued to a different computer.
- The Host ID of your computer has changed.
- In rare occasions, if you're using a cloud VM as your license server and your license was issued to a mac address ID type, your mac address may have changed after a computer restart. If this is the case, please have your IT department assign a static mac address to your computer before having the license re-issued/changed.
- You attempted to modify the Host ID in your license file manually. This will not work.
- Open your license text file(s) in notepad and make note of your Host ID or Host ID's if you have multiple license files.
Open the Ansys License Management Center > select Get System Host ID Information.
- Does the Host ID(s) in your license file match one of the Host ID's listed here?
NO: Your license file was issued to a different computer.
- Install the license on the computer it was issued to.
- or Perform a License Server Change
- NO: Your license file was issued to a different computer.