Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
ERROR - Correctly-formatted Vendor Line Was Not Found
Authored by Caleb Scharf October 30th, 2021 6217 views 2 likes KB1063276
When installing a new license file you receive this error:
Did not upload file - Error: A correctly-formatted VENDOR line was not found in the license file.
Software & Version
Ansys License Manager 2021 R2
*This example was taken from this version, but is not necessary limited to this version unless otherwise noted in the description.
There are multiple possible causes we have seen that cause this error:
- The vendor line in the license file contains syntax/formatting errors.
- The license file you are attempting to install is not a license file designed to be installed on the Ansys License Manager.
- The license file is for Rocky/Esss and needs to be installed on the Rocky License Manager, found in the Esss Customer Portal.
- Go to the Esss/Rocky Customer Portal and install the Esss License Manager
- Correct any syntax errors within the license file