Installation & Licensing Center
ERROR - Temporary License Stops Working
Authored by Caleb Scharf June 3rd, 2022 2725 views 0 likes KB1196702
After installing an Ansys permanent license on top of a temporary license, you are only able to use the product licenses found in the permanent license.
Temporary License - Any non permanent product license that expires after a set duration.
- Examples: Temporary (aka temp), Evaluation (aka eval), Tech Pool, Trial, Lease.
- The expiration date is listed inside the license file on the product line.
- Note - Licenses are sometimes referred to as "keys" as in "you were issued an eval key".
Permanent License - A permanent license never expires and can be used indefinitely.
- It has the term "permanent" listed inside the license file on the product line.
- While permanent products will show an expiration date, this expiration date is when the TECS support subscription expires and not the product itself.
Software & Version
To our knowledge, this is applicable to all versions of Ansys as of 12/29/2021 and we don't anticipate this changing at this time.
- Please contact your account manager and request that your temp key be re-issued and reference this article. If approved, you will be sent a new temp license file.
- Next, reset your installed license file to remove the outdated temp keys. If you don't do this, you may run into checkout related issues.