ERROR - Unable to check out feature: motorcad
Authored by Caleb Scharf October 31st, 2022 1791 views 0 likes KB956493
When opening MotorCAD, the user gets the following error.
Checking Motor-CAD License Unable to check out feature: motorcad ANSYS LICENSE MANGER ERROR ANSYSLI existed or could not read server port ansyscl.localcomputername.6344.32565
Other users can successfully connect to the license server successfully and there is no networking or firewall issues blocking communication to the license server. This can be caused by the user/software not having sufficient permissions to read the ansyslmd.ini file under C:\ANSYS_Motor-CAD\Shared Files\licensing\ansyslmd.ini.
Perform the following on the client computer facing the issue:
- Rename the Ansys Temp folder:
- Close All Ansys Applications
- Windows search > type %temp% and hit Enter
- Rename the ".ansys" folder to ".ansys.old"
- Specify license server via environmental variable
- Windows search > type "system environment and select Edit the system environmental variables
- Click Environment variables> Under User variables, select New >
- Variable name = ANSYSLMD_LICENSE_FILE
- Variable Value = 1055@YourLicneseServerName
- Click OK