Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
ERROR - This type of license file must be appended...
Authored by Caleb Scharf April 22nd, 2022 2524 views 0 likes KB1052497
When installing license file in the LMC > you receive the following error message:
2021/09/20 18:14:42: Error: This type of license file must be appended to the end of the existing license file that is already installed on your machine. However, the SERVER information in the new license file does not match the SERVER information in the existing license file, as is required. Therefore, this license file will not be installed.
Software & Version
Ansys License Management Center Version 2021R2
*This example was taken from this version, but is not necessary limited to this version unless otherwise noted in the description.
- The license that is already installed was issued to the different HostID. Both HostID's were accurate for the system, however, one license was issued to the mac address and the other was issued to the DiskID.
- The license file you are attempting to install is already installed.
Solution to Cause A
- Open up all license files in a text editor
- Are the HostId's the same?
- NO - You will need to Perform a License Server Change
- YES - Attempt to HOW TO - Reset Your Ansys License File.
- Note - Modifying your HostID manually will not work.
Solution to Cause B
- Verify this is the case by viewing the installed license file in this location:
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\licensing\license_files\ansyslmd.lic"
- The license file does not need to be installed. No action is needed.