Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
ERROR - Licensed Number of Users Already Reached
Authored by Aaron Schedlin April 19th, 2023 1470 views 0 likes KB1913021
Upon launching Ansys, you receive an error stating insufficient licenses available. Licensed number of users already reached. Example:
Failover feature 'Ansys Mechanical Enterprise' is not available. Insufficient Ansys Mechanical Enterprise licenses available. Licensed number of users already reached. Feature: ansys License path: 1055@LicenseServer; FlexNet Licensing error:-4, 132
Software & Version
*This documented instance of this error occurred in this version but is not necessarily limited to this version.
- You are trying to use more licenses than you are entitled for, or other users have those licenses checked out.
- You have enough licenses issued to you, but one of them is stuck or checked out.
- You haven't installed a newly purchased license.
*The cause(s) we identified in this documented instance may not be the only cause(s) for this error.
- Determine Who is Using Licensing: HOW TO - View License Usage & Status
- Release a Stuck License: HOW TO - Release a Stuck/Reserved/Abandoned License
- Install a Newly Purchased License: Install an Ansys License File