Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
ERROR - "Ansys BladeModeler" Not Available When Opening DesignModeler
Authored by Nick Heberle May 23rd, 2022 4250 views 3 likes KB1334793
When opening DesignModeler, users receive an error that the licensed number of users has already been reached.
Failover feature 'Ansys BladeModeler' is not available. Insufficient ANSYS BladeModeler licenses available. License number of users already reached. Feature: acfx_bldmdlr License path: FlexNet Licensing Error: -4,132
By default, DesignModeler will use the Ansys BladeModeler license if it is available on the license server. If someone else is using the license increment, it will not failover to another license increment.
Disable BladeModeler Licensing for Single Client
If BladeModeler is available on your license server, but want to use a different license increment that support DesignModeler, you can configure DesignModeler to not use BladeModeler licensing:
- In DesignModeler, click on Tools > Options
- Expand the Design Modeler section and select Addins
- Change BladeModeler Licensing to No
- Click OK to save the change
Prevent Users From Using BladeModeler License with an Options File
- Create an options file on your license server
- To prevent all users from accessing the BladeModeler license, use an EXCLUDE_ALL statement
- To allow a portion of users to access the BladeModeler license while denying all others, define a GROUP and use the INCLUDE statement
GROUP GROUP_NAME Member1 Member2 Member3 INCLUDE acfx_bldmdlr GROUP_NAME
- Save the options file and restart the license server for the options file to take effect.