Installation & Licensing Center
HOW TO - Change the Hostname of an Ansys License Server
Authored by Aaron Schedlin November 21st, 2023 1438 views 0 likes KB2156591
This article provides instructions on how to modify your ansyslmd.lic file in the event that the hostname of the device hosting your licensing is changed.
Stop the Ansys License Manager.
Note: In some situations when the license manager attempts to start when the hostname doesn't match what's in the license file, some services may become hung and need to be manually stopped via the task manager: ansysli_server.exe, ansyslmd.exe, lmgrd.exe and ansysli_monitor.exe
- Launch Notepad with Run As Administrator rights.
- Click on File > Open and navigate to
C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\licensing\license_files
- Change the drop down to All Files
- Open ansyslmd.lic and modify the hostname, found in the first line of the lincese file, to the new hostname.
- Save the file.
- Start the License Manager HOW TO - Stop/Start the Ansys License Manager