Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
HOW TO - Change the Hostname of an Ansys License Server
Authored by Aaron Schedlin September 12th, 2023 137 views 0 likes KB2156591
This article provides instructions on how to modify your ansyslmd.lic file in the event that the hostname of the device hosting your licensing is changed.
- Launch Task Manager and end task the following processes: ansysli_server.exe, ansyslmd.exe, lmgrd.exe and ansysli_monitor.exe
- Launch Notepad with Run As Administrator rights
- Click on File>Open and navigate to
C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\licensing\license_files
- Change the drop down to All Files
- Open ansyslmd.lic and modify the hostname to the new hostname
- Start the License Manager HOW TO - Stop/Start the Ansys License Manager