HOW TO - Identify what license features you are attempting to checkout
Authored by Caleb Scharf November 12th, 2022 1845 views 0 likes KB1044349
When using Ansys software in a multi-user environment where you are sharing licenses with other users, or when you need borrow an Ansys license so you can use it while not connected to the license server, or when trying to determine why licenses can't checkout, understanding what license features/increments the client software is attempting to checkout is helpful and or necessary.
via Client Logs
While not as simple as seeing this information from the license server logs, if you don't have access to the license server, this information can be reviewed in the client logs. Every time the client software attempts to checkout a license feature from the license server, it is logged in a text file on the client computer.Delete
via License Management Center
The license server logs contain a consolidated list of all licenses being requested by clients, which licenses get checked out/in of if the request is denied.
- Open the client software and attempt to use the capability you need.
- From the license server computer > Search > search Ansys License Management Center > right click this application and select Run as Administrator.
- For Clients running 2021 R1 or After > select View FlexNet Debug Log
- For Clients running 2020 R2 or Before > select View Licensing Interconnect Log
- Scroll to the bottom to identify the most recent entries that show what license features are being requested by what clients.