Installation & Licensing Center
INFO - Ansys Shared Web Licensing Overview
Authored by Caleb Scharf November 12th, 2023 1156 views 1 likes KB2143769
Ansys Shared Web Licensing is a new feature Ansys released in 2023 R2 that eliminates the need for customers to install and run their own Ansys license server, making it much easier to get up and running with your Ansys software. Instead of having to install and configure your own license sever and then wait for a license file to delivered to you and then install it, users simply sign-in with their Ansys account and their license is immediately accessible over the internet. These licenses and user access can then managed directly from your Ansys Licensing Portal. This greatly simplifies the process of accessing your Ansys license when working from home or the road and no longer requires you to setup a VPN or borrow a license before leaving the office.
- No need to setup and host your own license server, gather host information or install your own licenses.
- Reports and usage data can be directly viewed live from the Licensing portal.
- Reports and usage data will allow you to identify top users by name.
- Share Licensing Model (concurrent users) and Named User Model are supported.
- Evaluations can be issued using this method (coming soon).
- Tech Pools are supported.
- Control what users have access to what products via the Ansys Licensing Portal - no more option files!
- Can be used simultaneously with the classic Ansys license server.
- License preferences are going away all together, simplifying the user experience.
- Borrowing licenses is much easier - borrow on a per product basis instead of a per feature/increment basis.
- Supports the new Automated Ansys Installer* (40MB download that has you sign in and then detects and downloads the products you are licensed for automatically. *Still in beta as of 2023R2)
- 99.9% uptime (Kubernetes based technology distributed across multiple cloud datacenters)
- Only compatible with leased products at this time.
Only select applications are supported at this time. Most products on the 2024/2025 roadmap. Currently supported products are:
Enterprise Level Flagship physics
- Discovery Simulation
- Geometry Interfaces
- Enterprise Level Flagship physics
- An internet connection is required in order to access your Ansys License. Borrowing licenses is possible and is greatly simplified.
- Because this is a cloud-based solution, it may not be suitable for customers with strict security requirements.
- All users must be setup with their own Ansys account.