Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
HOW TO - Review License Usage Data from a Different Computer
Authored by Steve Barnett August 5th, 2023 397 views 0 likes KB1480505
This article will show you how to review the license usage history data when you don't have access to the license server machine.
Step #1 - Gather License Server Diagnostics File
- Gather a diagnostic log file from the License Server
Step #2 - Install the License Manager on Your Local Computer
Download & Installation the License Manger software on your local computer.
- You do not need to install the client software.
Step #3 - Import Log Files
Download and extract the license server logs
- Example naming format - “lmcenter_daig_ANDFS00_DATE_time.zip”)
- We will need these files shortly, keep this window open.
- Ensure that all Ansys software is not running, best practice is to check in Task Manager > Services tab, stop any services that start with Ansys by right mouse click > stop service.
- In a new File Explorer, Navigate to C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared\Licensing\
- The files in this folder contain the logs from the license server on your local computer, make a backup copy of this folder if you want to keep this data.
- Go back to the window where we extracted the client's diagnostic files, select all > copy > paste in C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared\Licensing\ folder, when prompted, select Replace the files in the destination.
Step #4 - Review the License Usage Charts
- Launch Ansys License Management Center
- On the left, select View License Usage History > specify Date Range and any other desired data > select Generate