Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
HOW TO - Verify No Ans.Rsm Processes are Running
Authored by Nick Heberle November 30th, 2021 3974 views 0 likes KB990335
For many Remote Solve Manager (RSM) configuration tasks, it is important to verify no RSM related processes are running at the time the configuration is changed or a command is executed.
There are multiple ways to check if there are any processes running, see the options below:
Solution #1 - via Command Prompt (Windows)
- In the Start menu, search for Command Prompt, and launch the application as Administrator by right-clicking and choosing Run as Administrator
- At the command prompt, enter the command:
tasklist | find "Ans.Rsm"
If there is a RSM related process running, you'll see an output similar to:
C:\Windows\system32>tasklist | find "Ans.Rsm" Ans.Rsm.Launcher.exe 5444 Services 0 9,788 K C:\Windows\system32>
If there are no RSM related processes running, you'll see an output similar to:
C:\Windows\system32>tasklist | find "Ans.Rsm" C:\Windows\system32>
Solution #2 - via Task Manager (Windows)
- Log in with an account with administrative privileges.
- In Start, search for and launch Task Manager.
- In the lower left of Task Manager, click "More Details", and then go to the Details tab.
- In the Details tab, verify that no processes are listed beginning with Ans.RSM.
- Close Task Manager.