HOW TO - Verify No Ans.Rsm Processes are Running
Authored by Nick Heberle November 30th, 2021 1585 views 0 likes KB990335
For many Remote Solve Manager (RSM) configuration tasks, it is important to verify no RSM related processes are running at the time the configuration is changed or a command is executed.
There are multiple ways to check if there are any processes running, see the options below:
Solution #1 - via Command Prompt (Windows)
- In the Start menu, search for Command Prompt, and launch the application as Administrator by right-clicking and choosing Run as Administrator
- At the command prompt, enter the command:
tasklist | find "Ans.Rsm"
If there is a RSM related process running, you'll see an output similar to:
C:\Windows\system32>tasklist | find "Ans.Rsm" Ans.Rsm.Launcher.exe 5444 Services 0 9,788 K C:\Windows\system32>
If there are no RSM related processes running, you'll see an output similar to:
C:\Windows\system32>tasklist | find "Ans.Rsm" C:\Windows\system32>
Solution #2 - via Task Manager (Windows)
- Log in with an account with administrative privileges.
- In Start, search for and launch Task Manager.
- In the lower left of Task Manager, click "More Details", and then go to the Details tab.
- In the Details tab, verify that no processes are listed beginning with Ans.RSM.
- Close Task Manager.