Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
HOW TO - Comprehensively Reinstall Ansys
Authored by Caleb Scharf August 22nd, 2023 660 views 0 likes KB2108636
If your Ansys installation becomes corrupt, it can cause errors and problematic behavior that can be difficult to resolve. While the traditional uninstall / install process can sometimes fix these, the traditional uninstall process doesn't remove all temp files and registry settings which can sometimes be the underlying cause of the problem.
Some reasons for a corrupt Ansys installation are:
- Windows updates breaks software dependencies
- Unexpected power loss corrupts files
- Application crash or force close corrupts files or settings
- Corrupt temporary Ansys files
If small but important steps are missed, you will need to repeat this process.
- First, perform a Comprehensive Uninstall (second option)
- Next, Verify the Integrity of Installation Files
- Next, Manually Reinstall Prerequisite Microsoft Software
- Before Proceeding
- make sure the installation files are saved to the local computer and not being run over a network.
- If you downloaded the zip files, verify they get unzipped first.
- When installing, verify you right click the setup file and select Run as Administrator
- Finally, Download & Install Ansys