Installation & Licensing Center
If you are an active or future SimuTech customer and have questions or simply prefer to get help directly from an engineer, we'd be happy to help!
HOW TO - Install Remote Solve Manager Standalone Services (RSM)
Authored by Nick Heberle November 25th, 2022 3547 views 1 likes KB995658
RSM is installed by default with many Ansys software packages, however it can also be downloaded and installed separately.
- Sign in to the Ansys Customer Portal.
- In the navigation menu, choose Downloads > Current Release.
- If necessary, change the Select Release: drop down to the version of Ansys you are using.
- Expand the Tools section, locate RSM, and then click the Full Package link to download the installation package.
- Extract the downloaded package and open the installation folder.
- Locate setup.exe, and then right click and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- In the Ansys Installation Launcher, choose Install Ansys Products.
- In the wizard, choose I Agree to acknowledge the license agreement, and then click Next.
- If prompted, modify the installation directory, or leave as the default and click Next.
- If prompted, enter the hostname and port information for you license server, and click Next.
- Verify ANSYS Remote Solver Manager Standalone Services is selected, deselect the other check boxes, and click Next.
- Review your settings, and click Next to begin the installation.
- Once the installation completes, click Next.
- On the completion page, choose Exit to close the wizard.
- Choose Exit to close the Ansys Installation Launcher.